WildHearts is a charity committed to tackling poverty in all its forms. We are part of the global microfinance revolution, funding banking for the unbanked, the excluded and the down trodden across the globe. WildHearts micro-loans and business training enable people to work their own way out of poverty with dignity and self respect. Find out more at www.wildheartsinaction.org
- The 1st of November has arrived and with it your £1 seed capital
- Good luck Morgan Stanley!
- It's the 1st of Feb... Ready Micro-Tycos? Go!
- Check your inbox for Top Tips to help you kick off your Micro-Tyco Challenge
- Entry now open for February 2014
- Coming up this week, Micro-Tyco Mentor Videos featuring Lord Digby Jones, RBS Chief Exec Chris Sullivan and leading school teams
- Good luck and welcome to all the Micro-Tyco teams taking part this November. We can't wait to see how much you transform your £s into...
- Amazing total confirmed from RBS PACE....Over £33K.
- Good luck to the RBS Micro-Tycos taking part this July!
- Entry is now open for Micro-Tyco November 2013...
- After an amazing Micro-Tyco February we have a new Global Champion! Talisman Energy turned their £1 into an INCREDIBLE £75,500!
- February 2013 Micro-Tyco kicks off...
- The results are in! Deloitte win Micro-Tyco 2012 with an incredible total of more than £52k.
- Final team entries sit at an incredible 1159, with teams from Shetland to London taking part
- It's 1/11 and we have 1111 teams signed up! Are you Ready to Rock Micro-Tycos?
At the start of Micro-tyco we had lots of ideas but some of them would work but some of them wouldn’t. We had to have more than one idea in case that went wrong. We got a kick start from a healthy tuck shop. It was hard to get a venue for our disco idea for after school, but our deputy head teacher gave us an idea to have a lunchtime disco which raised over £100. The disco was easy to do as we didn’t have to buy anything and it was easy to run. It worked brilliantly! We also did a Nerf shoot…Continue
Our group name is the Money Makers P7W and we have been taking part in a project through November called Micro-Tyco. In Micro-Tyco we have to raise as much money as possible.
We ran a Healthy Tuck-shop with all of the other teams. We had a sponsored walk/run/funny clothes day. We collected sponsor money from our friends and family. At the Christmas fayre, that we organised, our team had three stalls: a Nail Bar, Raffle and Cake and Candy.
The most successful part of Micro Tyco…Continue
As a class, to kick off Micro-Tyco we held a Healthy Tuck Shop at playtime. We sold out in less than 15 minutes. This proves it was very successful!
Then we split up into our individual teams and had to organise our own task to raise money. Our group had many good ideas on what to do (a lemonade stand, sell comics and drawings)
Our group eventually decided to do bag-packing at a local supermarket. We raised £100. Wow!
As a class we held a Christmas fayre and each team…Continue
Micro tyco was good because we got a chance to work together with different people and learn how to grow our own business.
To grow our £1 we did a car wash, sponsored walk/run, a charity fayre where we ran the stalls hook a duck and lucky dip.
We faced challenges such as not having ideas, resources and getting stressed and annoyed but we got through it in the end. We also learned how to spend money carefully, make decisions on our own and to work together as a team. In the end…Continue
We want your ideas for rewards